Mercer County Virtual School Reunion Information
PRINCETON, WV (WVNS) – All current Mercer County students, homeschoolers, private school students and families who are new to Mercer County are all invited to attend an options meeting of virtual schooling for the 2022-2023 school year.
This meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Mercer County Technical Education Center Seminar Center.
From Monday, August 15, 2022 through Wednesday, August 24, 2022, applications for virtual education will be accepted for review of registrations. Proximity Learning will be the program used for this upcoming school year for Mercer County, which was the same program used for the 2021-2022 school year.
Proximity Learning offers live lessons 5 days a week. It is compulsory for students
to connect to classes and participate daily.
Applications should be submitted to the school where you are currently enrolled.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be enrolled in Mercer County Schools – K-12
- The parent must apply for the virtual program
- The student must have access to constant and daily internet service
- Student was not retained due to virtual course failure
- Student was not returned to in-person instruction due to lack of progress
- Student cannot have fallen behind the Grade 9 cohort while participating in a virtual program
- Student must have a student-recommended placement change
- Support Team, 504 Committee, Individual Education Plan Team, or English Learner Committee
For more information on virtual meetings and the year’s agenda, please contact Amy Harrison, Data and Information Specialist for Mercer County Schools at (304) 487-1551 Ext. 1294